Practice & Procedure
These key resources outline District Court procedures:
- Practice Notes
- Standard directions and notices
- Garnishee amounts
- Delegated powers of registrars
- Interest rates
Other commonly used resources are:
- NSW legislation
- Uniform Civil Procedure Rules 2005
- Uniform Civil Procedure forms
- Other District Court forms and fees
- JusticeLink eServices
Professional costs that apply to civil proceedings in the District Court are located in Schedule 2 of the Legal Profession Regulation 2005.
A claim may be made in certain circumstances where a defendant in criminal proceedings is acquitted or discharged. More information and the forms are available from the Justice Legal website.
Need help? Call LawAccess NSW 1300 888 529
LawAccess NSW is a free government telephone service that provides legal information, referrals and in some cases, advice for people who have a legal problem in New South Wales.
Need more information? Try LawAssist
LawAssist can help you if you have a legal problem in New South Wales and are representing yourself. LawAssist explains legal procedures and forms for court and tribunal cases. LawAssist provides:
- Step by step guides
- Instructions for filling out court forms
- Checklists and frequently asked questions
- Information on alternatives to court
- Contacts for further information and advice.